Thread: school me in 4k
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 01:11 PM   #96
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
However, I did read about one blind test that seemed pretty compelling. In it, they set up two 55" displays from Samsung, one that was 1080p and one that was 4K but both were the same type of display and from the same line. They calibrated them to remove as much of the non-resolution differences between them as possible (though they admit very minor differences in black levels and gamma response remained), built identical cabinets to house them in, and roped off an area 9 feet away for people to view them from. In the end, 97% of viewers were able to correctly identify the 4K screen. Though the testers readily admitted that the differences were pretty slight.
Do you happen to have a link to this? Because if someone wanted to convince me that I'm totally wrong this is exactly the sort of experiment they'd do.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote