View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 10:56 AM   #57
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envitro View Post
So do I feel like an idiot for changing out everything to LED a few years back. I guess my garage lights are CFL tubes...

An I also have two NEST thermostats... Can they just send me a cheque then? LOL of course not
The thing is, and it was interesting when we were first discussing the impact of the Carbon Tax before it rolled out and we realized what a complete joke it was, but people in the threads were talking about the measures they'd taken to make their homes more energy efficient.

And we're talking about lowering the thermostat from 24 to 20, or making sure their windows closed properly or put the insulating film on windows or making sure their door-seals are good.

Like....basic stuff. So basic that your average homeowner probably did this in their first week.

So whatever you're going to get out of this is going to be tiny. Were people living in homes where the walls didnt line up properly and just had wind blowing through and since theres no Carbon Tax they just cranked up the temperature? I doubt it.

Energy Efficient Lightbulbs?

Are there Energy Inefficient Lightbulbs? Is there an aisle in RONA where I can get them?

"No thank you! I dont want the Energy Efficient Lightbulbs, could you please direct me to the lightbulbs that instantly vaporize flora and fauna? I want a lightbulb that consumes more power than a small village. Thats the bulb for me!"

Thats what gets me.

"You'll be surprised at how much of a difference these small changes will make!!"

Will I? I dont think I will be.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg

Last edited by Locke; 03-02-2017 at 11:00 AM.
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: