View Single Post
Old 07-27-2016, 04:07 PM   #122
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:

These are my two cats, Molly (left) and Murphy. 4 years old and almost 2.
Both were adopted from the Humane Society.

We picked up Molly about a month before my 15 year old cat, Harley, passed.
I've owned 8 cats throughout my life, and she is, by far, the month vocal and affectionate cat I've ever met.
Comes with us and lays beside each kid when we put them to bed, always looking for, or to give, attention and affection, but not in an annoying way.
Loves, tolerates and is very patient with our kids. She's just the perfect cat.
My favorite thing about her is that she will come to you, no matter how far away in the house you are, if you pat your lap really hard. She'll run to you and wait for you to pat the bottom part of her back, near the tail. Exact same behavior we had from a Tortoiseshell we had when I was a teenager.

Murphy has been here for just over a year. He's still a bit sketchy, and jumps when he hears unfamiliar noises, but it's been fun to watch the progression of his comfort level. He's getting there. He too comes with us to put the kids to bed when Molly does not. He's not one to cuddle on our terms, but will jump on your lap 3-4 times per day to let you know he needs some love. Much more of a leg rubber though and vocal as well. Not a nose rubber, which is what I miss the most from my last cat.

Very different cats, but together they are best friends and I'm super thankful to have my owns kids enjoy their company as much as I do and did when I was a child.

JonDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JonDuke For This Useful Post: