Thread: DDPYoga
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 10:56 AM   #54
J pold
Franchise Player

Exp:

Geez what’s the hate for “real” yoga. I had a serious knee injury last summer and phiso therapist recommended I try yoga to supplement my recovery. I took a month intro class at Yoga Santosha on 4th Street. The studio is in my building and I just kind of thought what the hell, why not? The intro course was amazing and I ended up loving the practice. I now go to classes roughly 5 times a week and I’m going to step it up every day by doing classes first thing in the morning.

Since starting I’ve lost quite a bit of weight, dramatically seen an increase in the strength in my shoulders, much better flexibility, less aching pain in my joints, sleep like a baby, and just overall well being. At first I didn’t really care for the spiritual side of the practice (om’s, meditation, breathing exercises, etc) but eventually it grew on me. Now I find myself, more calm, focused, and much less stressed, and these are benefits that I’ve never seen from just normal workouts.

I don’t know much about DDP and later on this year when I try to put on a bit more muscle I may look at it but don’t dismiss normal yoga at a studio, it is fantastic.
J pold is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to J pold For This Useful Post: