Thread: DDPYoga
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 09:40 AM   #25
mykalberta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Its hard to tell what it alone has produced as I combine it with other exercise, but when I first started I measured my heart rate when doing the Double Black diamond (an exercise routine in YRG second disk) after about 10 DDP workouts prior. My heart rate max while doing the double black has dropped 19bpm (again I also exercise at gym and "try" to eat healthy).

Also I tried my own "test" of doing wall assisted handstand pushups (Ive always wanted to be fit enough to walk around my condo on my hands like Jackie Chan does in "Rumble in the Bronx"). At the beginning I could do 4 comfortably. Now I can do 12.

That I credit to YRG simply because when thinking back to when I did 4, it wasnt my biceps or triceps that were giving out (Im a dude, I work those out the gym like nobodys business). But it was the connector muscles in my arms, back and chest that gave out and my for whatever reason weak elbow joints. The yoga has 100% helped in strengthening the muscles you cannot isolate at the gym and for that alone I would recommend it to anyone who is looking to build strength (not just the eye catching muscles).

Also while I havent really changed what I do at the gym alot since (other than adding swimming replacing eliptical) I have also noticed that durring backpacking I can more easily carry a 60lb pack on 4+night hikes with less of a strain on my back and muscles in general.

Again this all predicates on following YRG exactly. At the beginning its almost impossible to stay with the "flex" technique for a whole workout - its very difficult and there are times when its very easy to not do it to take a break.

Also, the manual that comes with YRG - its very granola-ee and organic-ee but the two things I have added to my diet from that book is bison and sea salt.

Last edited by mykalberta; 04-25-2013 at 09:43 AM. Reason: bison and sea salt
mykalberta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mykalberta For This Useful Post: