Thread: The A.I. Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2016, 09:11 AM   #44
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
You should carefully consider the meaning of these words and reflect upon your own experience or are you the same type of thing as your cat. Does your cat have an account on here? Does she demand recognition? Does she secretly feel pleased to see her posts "thanked" by multiple prestigious posters?

Come on, man, I hope you are better than this.
All day long....

Seriously there are hundreds of studies showing animals get lonely. Google it. It sounds like you may be surprised at the reality here... Look at their faces, especially dogs. You can see them wondering.

It may not be as sophisticated as us, but they do it. Anyway, this isn't a discussion about how animals share a lot of the traits religions believe are unique to humans. You can make a whole other thread for that.

As for how those traits relate to AI, I'm not sure it is possible to create them, though I could see emulating those traits to be indistinguishable from ours to be possible.

Has anyone read Robert Sawyer's Wake, Watch Wonder trilogy? Really an excellent starting point for this discussion. It's about emergent AI, witch I think would be one of the most likely paths to true AI.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post: