View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 06:14 PM   #6
Texas Flames Fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltaGuy View Post
TFF keeps saying his rates went up by whatever-percent because of the ACA, and therefore it's awful. And then proceeds to ignore statistics suggesting costs have risen more slowly than before across the country and that more people are covered than ever before.

Last year I was unemployed. According to me, Canada's unemployment rate was 100% last year. I don't care what StatsCan or anyone else says.
Rates went up 49% last year in all of Texas unless you make less than $15,000/year single or $30,000 married. Basically the statistics look good because of people that don't work automatically qualify for healthcare. The interesting thing about that is people that were on government assistance already had "free" health care to an extent. An emergency room doesn't turn down someone that doesn't have insurance or cant pay. Trump isn't lying when he says Obamacare will implode. There are some states that are losing every insurance company that accepts Obamacare so these people who don't work lose anyway. Its a lose lose here. I have faith things will change but not before it gets worse now unfortunately.