View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 09:07 AM   #74
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Sevens is fun and exciting. I can't recall, but I'm pretty sure that undercoverbrother is a huge sevens fan!
In as much as I am a big fan of 3 on 3 hockey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
^Those ladies would have received some severe sunburns in Sydney yesterday!

There was definitely some good eye candy in nice costumes though. Unfortunately my brain has been permanently scarred by one man wearing Karl Stefanovic themed budgie smugglers.

It ended up being a pretty epic day and I would recommend it to anyone. The crowd was crazy and the rugby was good too. The Canadians played much better, beating Wales, Scotland, and Samoa to take the Bowl, while the Aussies were also good but lost a heartbreaker to the All Blacks (of course) in the Cup final. A few comments:

-Nathan Hirayama is an incredible Sevens player. As long as he is on the team Canada will be competitive.
-The Fijians are the most skilled players in the world and their fans are the craziest. They really should be better at Union.
-I was really impressed with Kenya and their loud fans. Their comeback win against the USA was one of the highlights of the day.
-Big props to the two guys decked out in full lumberjack gear. They must have been melting.

Also, it takes a lot of endurance for a fan to get through one of these events! I was completely beat after going for one day, I can only image how people who went for both days plus lots of drinking feel today.

Totally, aside, but a player from my club won his first cap on Saturday against Uruguay.

Very proud moment, couple that with 2 players from my old club in the squad, it was lovely.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote