View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 12:00 AM   #822
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
The other thing is catering and fast food are pretty high margin options with low overheads vs trying to crack into a fickle trendy fine dining market. From the outside she seems like a much smarter businesswoman than most chefs who want to live their dream of opening a place.
Oh I think she is an amazing business woman. I totally get the business upside of gong he fast food/catering route as well, but I'd expect that food to be top
Notch. Cluck N Clever is pretty blah. Pretty standard stuff that benefits from the top chef name. I can name 2 or 3 better Korean fried chicken places in this city as well as a couple restaurants that serve a better fried bird. I honestly think Popeye's is pretty close to on par, and when considering price, I'd probably go with Chicken On the Way given its half the cost. I just have a hard time understanding how she does so well in these tv comps with supposedly the best chefs in Canada when her local business are so pedestrian.

Just because you go fast food, doesn't mean it has to be mediocre. Look at Bobby Flay's Burger place. 10-15 dollar price point and it's a must stop for me anytime I'm in Vegas. I'd rank it well ahead of Gordon Ramsay's Burgr which is probably three times the price.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheAlpineOracle For This Useful Post: