View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 10:25 AM   #35
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Displaced Flames fan View Post
If I go home and make my wife read your post she will cry. Anyone else have a wife like this?
I actually love it. It's one of my favorite things about her.

my wife is a teachers aid and her area is working with autistic kids. She would ask wtf kind of teacher is sitting a special needs kid out in hallway by himself.
She would then bitch about the lack of funding from the govt to hire more special needs kids teachers assistants.
She would then bitch about the fact the head HR person in her school district has decided to make all TA's the same level and at the same pay, without consulting anyone. So, a person helping a kid with a reading disability (level 1) will make the same wage as a person that has a nursing background and can administer medications with needles(level 6). These people who can help with the kids in wheelchairs who cannot even control their body functions and move their limbs etc. will earn the same. Kind of unbeliavable one person decided that for 1,000's of teacher aids.
So the people that justifiably earn more have the wages cut back, and everyone else has a wage freeze until the very bottom people catch up. My wife I think is a level 4 and she's not too happy. So anyone who has special needs kids going to school, know that their assistant may not be qualified or gaf about your kid anymore.