View Single Post
Old 03-29-2024, 11:17 AM   #336
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Xabi Alonso has confirmed he will stay on as manager of Bayer Leverkusen for the 2024-25 season despite strong interest from some of Europe's biggest teams, including Bayern Munich and Liverpool, as he sees the club as the best place for him to continue his development as a coach.
https://global.espn.com/football/sto...ayern-interest

And good for him. I think he's making the right decision here.

Did I want Alonso for Liverpool? Of course! But his statement is absolutely correct, he's going to develop as a coach and Leverkusen is probably the best place for him.

And not to mention, Leverkusen are his boys. His group. They fought together to get where they are and they're going to be in the Champions' League next season.

Hopefully he changes his mind in a couple of years, but for now I think this is the absolute best decision for him.

Besides, Xabi got them here, he should be with them next season for their fight in Europe to fight alongside them. Its just right.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote