View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 11:02 PM   #129
Sidney Crosby's Hat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
I live in Markham myself (about 10 mins from the location), and don't find it a weird place at all - just that there isn't the infrastructure to support all the crazy traffic going through - even now. I've had a bunch of concerns (check this thread), but mostly the management group isn't trustworthy (ie, criminal behaviour) and also the terribly outdated design. Good that it won't be on the taxpayers now, but it's still a discount looking arena, where if it becomes the second coming of Copps, will kill the interesting downtown concept of Markham. It's not remote though, it's just not your conventional downtown.
I have to agree that $325 million seems like a terribly low price when you look at how much most facilities are being built for nowadays. It could be that it's being built for that cost with the hope that whoever does end up owning an NHL team (if there is one) would pay for upgrades. Similar to how Oklahoma City did it.

If there is no NHL team, it probably makes sense to have it at a lower price point.
Sidney Crosby's Hat is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sidney Crosby's Hat For This Useful Post: