View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 02:50 PM   #17
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
and that makes Henderson a worthy captain of England because ...?

I agree with your overall sentiment, but if you want to convince me that a guy who started 3 of the last 15 England games all of the sudden is the best choice for the armband ... I'm here. Go ahead.
Okay, if you read the Kelowna thread you shall understand that, while early in the day, I have been medicating myself. With bleach, booze and what may or not be embalming fluid. The container is blank and unhelpful. Who doesnt put labels on these things? Anyways....

The Henderson comments were a joke. He is by no means a terrible decision, but its not a call that I'd make. Would I take the arm-band away from Rooney? Damned right I would, if I'm the manager looking for a culture and attitude shift then yes, it has to happen, then you have to pick who to give it to.

If you look at that roster and take Rooney out of the equation, who do you pick? Henderson isnt a terrible call, but I'd prefer to give it to a goalkeeper or established defenceman. Not knowing whether Hart is going to be around much longer and not having a clear-cut #1 CB its a tough call.

If not Henderson my money would be on Cahill.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: