View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 11:29 AM   #37
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesla View Post
Depends on the brand of Lenses and the individual. Air Optix Night and Day and Purevision lenses are approved for 30 days of continuous wear (ie. do not take them out all month). Biofinity, Air Optix and Oasys are approved for 6 days of continuous wear. All other brands are not approved or not safe for overnight wear.

Keep in mind though, that Overnight wear is not for everyone and a proper trial, with Optometrist supervision, should be conducted.

Personally, I only fit them overnight if a patient asks for it as it does open yourself up for more complications. If you do sleep in them, if your eyes are red and sore take them out.
Thanks for the info.

In my case, I don't have lenses that are approved for continuous wear, they are two week disposables, but other than a little "goopy-ness" in the morning wearing them 24/7 doesn't bother or irritate my eyes in the least.

Still though, because I'm supposed to take them out at night and don't, I'm afraid I may be doing damage to my eyes that I am unaware of.

Someone I know told me recently that I might be starving my eyes of oxygen, and that as a result my body may be increasing the amount of blood vessels in my eyes......if that goes on long enough it may irreparably impair my vision.

This person wasn't an eye doctor or anything, so I didn't pay it much attention.

Should I stop wearing them 24/7 immediately, and get checked out for approved continuous wear lenses?
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote