View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 12:32 AM   #106
icarus
Franchise Player

Exp:

It was around 1999 or 2000 when I was on HF and complained that hardly anyone was posting in the Flames sub-forum there (at that time). FlamesDraftWatcher told me I should check out Calgarypuck and I've never looked back.

I lurked for awhile before starting my first thread, to debate whether a Marc Savard or Derek Morris holdout would be more damaging to the Flames.

I have a lot of great memories from this site:
- the Peanuts pub meet up with the likes of Bingo, Dis, ReggieDunlop, etc (and with special guest Mark Stephen!)
- the 9/11 megathread
- attending the first Heckle in Eckville
- the old chat room
- watching the 2004 game 7 victory vs. Vancouver with KevanGuy and other CPers
- going to games and having fun during the 2004 playoff run with so many CPers (KevanGuy, Bingo, looooob, josef, calgARI, Cowperson and many others)
- so many funny stories: snotboy, Jordon, wannamaker, the president, etc.

I've not really lived more than a few months in Calgary since 2004, but this site and this community is my anchor to home no matter where in the world I travel or live. I wonder how many countries I've accessed this site from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I was there. I was flamesfanont back then. Cheese who was GerryCheevers back then came over to my house in Aylmer and got a tattoo from what is now my ex wife. At least I believe it was him.
My mom is from Aylmer! Small world.