View Single Post
Old 01-01-2017, 10:31 PM   #20
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah I've been watching this.

I have a friend who has other friends (who I don't know) who are apparently in Scientology. She was convinced by one of them to go to a "self help" event that ended up being an introduction / attempted recruitment of people into Scientology. I attempted to explain to her that the whole thing is a cult that does terrible things, and advised her to watch Going Clear. This was a few months ago.

Yesterday she told me that she went to their New Year's party and that "they're not as bad as everyone says, they do a lot of good for people. They showed a bunch of information at the party about all the good they do. It's like every religion, it has its bad moments, but I have friends in other religions like mormons and catholics and I don't judge them, I'm open minded and accepting of everything".

Apparently, they've got some very enticing methods that appeal to some people.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post: