View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 11:45 AM   #145
stemit14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ba'alzamon View Post
Even setting the idea of mentorship aside, I think there's something to be said for having a stable, experienced veteran like Markstrom to fall back on during rough patches.

Not saying that trading Markstrom would necessarily be a mistake, I just think there are maybe more benefits to keeping him than a lot of people are acknowledging. That stabilizing presence on its own can also be a big benefit for a young goalie.
Agreed it has to be a decent return. Not sure what that is… I was hoping for a first round pick but not sure if that’s in the cards. If any team is willing to trade their first round pick for him, I think it would be a smart move. Especially if it’s New Jersey as that is a high pick but I doubt they would be willing to do that.

As far as having a veteran to fall back on… I would be comfortable with Vladar in that role. It sounds unfair as I write this but Vladar could be a bit of a sacrificial lamb next season. The starts and stretches that Wolf gets next year could be tailored to his proper development while Vladar gets the rest of the games. That still could lead to Vladar getting more games than Wolf. If Vladar does well, that’s great. He and Wolf could make a great tandem and the flames could potentially keep both of them to trade Bladar at the deadline for a decent return.
stemit14 is offline   Reply With Quote