View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 01:06 PM   #55
Bandwagon In Flames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I'm actually becoming a Jones fan. For reasons unknown Hartley banished him to the AHL seemingly for good and rather than pout ask for a trade, or become a distraction he's played with a chip on his shoulder and become a great soldier for the Heat organization. I imagine it will be like pulling teeth for Hartley to ever dress him again but at least Jones has taken the high road here.

I believe it's solely to do with his attitude/respect level. Jones see's himself as an offensive centerman, not a 4th line grinder. He can play the agitator role but has also got a very nice shot (backhand especially). Him being an agitator may easily translate to being snooty to coaching. My best guess is he demanded more ice-time and wasn't satisfied with his opportunity. He is a relatively young player with a unique skillset.

Unfortunately I don't see him coming back up unless we have several injuries up front or he's traded. Especially with Knight doing as well as he is. Not to mention Knight is the best face-off man in the Flames system which we desperately need right now.

Back onto topic, I have a good feeling about this game. Berra seemed so happy and relieved to get the SO win. I'm sure he doesn't want this one to even be close.

5-2 Flames.
Bandwagon In Flames is offline   Reply With Quote