View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 11:02 AM   #173
Johnny Rotten
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre "Monster" McGuire View Post
Basically the same.

Friday games continue to bring in anywhere from 3400-3700 (mostly due to $2 beers and $1 hot dogs).

However, Saturdays generally bring in around 3000 whereas Sundays are usually less. Somewhere around 2800-3000.

Ryan Walter continues to come up with great promotional features. Most recently he's partnered up with Chevron where one can get 2 tickets and a $10 Chevron Gift Card for $35. That's a great deal, which works out to $12.50 a piece - the same price as students get.

Also, I've seen more Heat jerseys and various other types of clothing in the crowd than I've ever seen. So I figure that's a pretty good sign. Perhaps this team is catching on.

As much as I like to stay optimistic about the team, I know it likely will be a flop. It's too bad, but I'll enjoy them as long as I can while they're here.
I hope it works out in Abbotsford. It's hard to imagine, honestly, where else would make sense...particularly with few Canadian cities as being an option. In fact, I can't think of one... I don't think Airdrie would work.
Johnny Rotten is offline   Reply With Quote