View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 11:41 AM   #1382
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I honestly think that once she grew into being part of that cast that Strong really surpassed everyone else and she's tremendously talented.

I really think that the biggest problem with SNL is that they allow cast members to stay to long and become too comfortable. It should really be a finishing school for young comedians making the transition from clubs to main stream.

People like Moniyhan and Thompson and Pharoh for example have been there for too long and they just come across as lazy and doing the same thing over and over again.

I also think that the featured or part time players should be like a farm team approach where they're trying to force their way onto the main roster, instead we have people like Leslie Jones rolling out the same thing over and over again.

I remember reading about SNL and how cutthroat it was in terms of getting your sketch on the air and it made it competitive, but you always wanted to either have your sketch or recurring character being at the forefront or be good enough that people are writing you into their work.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote