View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 11:32 AM   #17
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

There's too much canon/continuity from original Trek to continue it on. I love TOS (my favorite series) but even I have to admit that when they went back to the 23rd century in Enterprise, it's pretty hokey to force the idea that technology just happened to look like the 1960s set design inside the canon of the show.

TNG itself is horribly cheesy for the most part, if viewed today. Voyager is the worst of the lot. DS9 was a triumph of 90s television and was the only one to build a strong universe that I would want to see a continuation of.

CBS looks like it's trying to use Star Trek as an anchor franchise (they probably have a few more planned) to be the tent poles of their new streaming service as they see the writing on the wall. The problem is that there are going to be too many streaming services to subscribe to if you want a specific awesome show. Netflix for their original content (Marvel TV Universe), HBO (Game of Thrones), Amazon (Top Gear), and now CBS (Star Trek), etc. that it will add up pretty quickly and people are just going to pirate even more.

The only thing I don't want is Abrams universe ship-design. Those are ugly space-tubs, designed by the same guy who made the garbage from the Star Wars prequels.

Last edited by Hack&Lube; 11-02-2015 at 11:38 AM.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hack&Lube For This Useful Post: