View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 10:58 AM   #20
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord700 View Post
Thing I learned is that Escobar could have quit when he was in Panama. He already has all the money in the world so why go back to Columbia?

I don't buy the missing home angle. For people like Escobar peace is worse than death, he needed his war everyday. I think deep down inside Escobar knew he was walking the path of his own destruction but he simply couldn't help it.

Maybe Escobar did feel guilty about all the people he killed that he cannot endure peace for there'll be no peace in his heart ever.
The celebrity factor of being the most powerful man in Columbia also played into it. There's a reason why he needed to run for office.

It should also be stated that this show takes liberties with the truth for dramatic purposes. So Escobar's true status in Panama might be different than the show states.

For example, the storming of the Supreme Court did not go down the way the show depicts:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palace_of_Justice_siege

It's debatable how much involvement Escobar had in the storming, and he most likely did not execute the perpetrators afterwards; that was the Columbian army.

It'd actually be pretty interesting if Season 2 was shot from Escobar's perspective.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post: