View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 07:06 AM   #73
eddly
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampbellsTransgressions View Post
Regardless of whether or not people are being jailed for simple possession, the illegality of the substance is still providing cash for gangs. What could become a regulated and heavily taxed industry is instead a drain on our prison system and a loss of taxable earnings. Any capitalist should support the legalization of marijuana.

If it's only downside is the smell, it can be addressed with much more fair and less compromising laws.

As for what Trudeau considers to be the middle class, his platform makes a pattern of targeting the richest 1%. A common figure for middle class is less than $200,000:

https://www.liberal.ca/files/2015/10...ddle-class.pdf
Page 80.

The Liberals plan to have a balanced budget at the end of four years. Their deficit spending is intended to stimulate the economy to generate larger surpluses further down the line, as well as to provide much needed infrastructure throughout the country. For Calgary, this means the green line and flood mitigation infrastructure. Whether or not you agree with this is up to you.

They've never stated that the doubling of the TFSA and income splitting benefits only the rich, merely that they are strongly weighted towards the rich. I don't care for their reversal on the TFSA, but it's not enough of an election issue for me to sway to either side.

Your argument about the UCCB has me confused. Even if the rich are taxed at a higher bracket, they are still receiving money that they do not need when that money could be going to the people that need it significantly more.
Trudeau, by not defining the middle class, is leaving us to use our own definitions. The fact that there is a large percentage of the population who consider themselves middle class translates to a lot of people thinking they are not going to have to pay higher taxes. Convenient for the liberals. I have asked many people who follow the liberal party to define the middle class. Often they reply that it is obvious... and that it is anyone making between 40 to 80k... that certainly is off from your definition. That is combined family income too.

You have other points id like to address but i need to go to work.

Last edited by eddly; 10-07-2015 at 07:08 AM.
eddly is offline   Reply With Quote