View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 07:06 PM   #7
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Comforting, although unfortunate, to see others have been dealing with it since a very young age as well(quite rare for anyone under 40 or 50). Ive had A fib since my mid 20s. First episode occurred after attending an intense Islanders-Flames game on my bday in which I consumed a few beers, smoked a couple cigarettes (despite not being a smoker), and then had a couple diet cokes- so stimulant overload. Was cardioverted a few times in the first couple years and went through all the tests to confirm no structural issues in my heart. Anyway, I was depressed for a good year or so after being diagnosed, but came to terms with it, lost a good 60lb and took up a very active and healthy lifestyle. Have been episode free for several years now. It doesn't effect or alter my life at all now- I went cold turkey on all the stimulants for the longest time, but have since reintroduced everything back in with moderation- drink coffee every day and have a drink when I want. Work out at least 5 times a week, and while I occasionally get a little blip, no sustained episodes. Definitely sympathize with those that go into a depression following a diagnosis, but things get better as you educate yourself on the condition and learn what works for you as far as reducing the episodes.

Last edited by Flabbibulin; 04-21-2017 at 07:17 PM.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flabbibulin For This Useful Post: