View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 10:59 AM   #17
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
One of the CPC's obvious goals since Harper has become leader has been to increasingly Americanize politics in this country. Longer elections and more outside money is a big part of that and sadly for the next 10 weeks we can look forward to being beaten over the head with official and unofficial CPC ads.

And for those who were wondering when Mulcair would be featured in the worst set of Canadian ads ever, the answer is now. For fans of wooden, laconic acting though these are the Godfather of political ads. This one with the extreme irony alert: Career politician Stephen Harper says we can't afford a career politician as PM.

This. Can't wait till we turf the guy. With changing the rules in the hideously named 'Fair Elections Act' last year, and now making the election longer, he's inching towards that mess to the south where elections last a year, and no one can actually debate anything of value.

Conservatives are taking plays out of the Republicans books to fix elections. We gotta nip this in the bud before it gets worse. Make them accountable. Don't forget this is also the party that had robocalls giving out false electoral information in a hotly contested riding. That's criminal behaviour. That's banana republic stuff that should NEVER occur in a western democracy. And anyone who thinks it began and ended with that one Conservative staffer, well I have a bridge and some swampland to sell you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daradon For This Useful Post: