View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 11:10 AM   #172
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post
I'm not convinced that's true. You may think Brouwer could never rebound but don't make the mistake of assuming all NHL GMs agree with you
The issue isn't whether or not he rebound, it is whether counting on him rebounding is worth taking him as an asset when there may be other assets available capable of a similar return without the same cap/term obstacles represented in Brouwer's contract.

It's why I think Stajan will be more attractive to Vegas than Brouwer; basically 0 trade obstacles for Stajan other than performance. If he isn't a quality NHL'er there will be no trade value there, but if he IS an NHL quality player there will be nothing restricting his movement because of how tolerable his cap hit will be with 0 term.

Stajan's NTC is even more favourable than Brouwer's. Stajan has a 10 team list he can't be dealt to and Brouwer has 15 and Brouwer has a full NTC until next season when Stajan's contract will be done.

I really don't think there is any apetite to claim Brouwer, but if he has a bounce back year for Calgary including a decent playoff performance he could be sought after once again.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote