View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 10:09 PM   #203
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrebmi View Post
Strange Brew is one of my favorite posters on this forum. That said yeah, he was pretty asinine on this one
Pepsi calling it a "a horror" is certainly over the top and what triggered the response however unwarranted. Weirdly enough it is this snarkiness and personalities that makes CP my preferred forum. When they bicker with each other it is mildly amusing. When they turn on some troll united it is a thing of beauty.
When you read these two and the rest turn on an Oil or Nuck Troll or other know nothing - it is so much fun to read.
Not to mention the fact his suggestion was crazy, as it'll never happen, but not confusing. I could imagine a pretty straightforward scenario for an annual parity draft.

Model it on the expansion draft but for all non playoff teams. The 15 that missed could get a choice of a player from any playoff team's roster. Same type of protection lists for playoff teams. For picking teams, they go in same as regular draft order. If they pick a player from a playoff team, they give up their first round pick. Only lasts for first round. Teams losing a player get a compensation pick at the end of the first round. Picks given up would always equal out compensatory picks keeping round 1 the same number of picks total.

Pepsifree can be bewildered by the unlikelihood, but I have no idea why he's confused by the very concept.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote