View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 07:56 PM   #245
MarkGio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post
Well there's an important difference between Treliving's perspective and the fan perspective. Treliving has information, fans were speculating. If Treliving talks to the agent and has a strong sense that they want to test free agency then obviously you're more open to dealing the kid.

IMO what is paranoia is a fan assuming a kid who goes back to school for his 4th year will definitely test the UFA market. I still maintain that. Lots of proof against it including guys like Jankowski. My reaction was because I was assuming this was the logic for some of you.

However some people in this thread read the signs a lot better than I did. There was legitimate reason to be concerned given the Treliving hint at a signing and then Hickey's announcement as captain. I underplayed the concern, I'll admit it. I still think a few of the people in the thread were a bit presumptuous in assuming he 100% would test the market. But yeah, I'll admit I underplayed the concern. Good on a few of you for reading into the situation. Your paranoia was justified in this case :P
It takes a smart man...

I can respect that.
MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote