View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 03:14 PM   #57
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

I realize fans tend to get real down on disappointing players and think they have negative values. But really if you look at who's available from our list Brouwer likely has the best value league wide. Brouwer has been traded for a 1st rounder. Brouwer has been traded for TJ Oshie. Obviously he's not coming off his best season but whereas some fans see a guy who they think can never rebound, most GM's often give 2nd chances or fresh starts to players, especially ones they have a history with, know and trust. McPhee being the GM of VGK and his history of acquiring Brouwer makes it much more likely they take him IMO. But I also don't think its inconceivable that VGK gets some calls in the next week wondering if they'd take Brouwer, flip him to another team, maybe eating 1 million in salary in the process. Brouwer at 3.5 million may be very attractive to several teams. And Brouwer at 4.5 million may still be somewhat attractive to VGK or another team.

I'd say Brouwer has the most value of our exposed players. Stajan likely has the 2nd most. Unless the VGK scouts are really high on Kulak or Shinkaruk or somebody I think losing one of those 2 vets may what happens.

What is impossible to predict is if Treliving has a deal worked out with VGK to take someone in particular.
Flames Draft Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Flames Draft Watcher For This Useful Post: