View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 03:09 PM   #35
Badgers Nose
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Steam Whistle View Post
You actually thought the Flames invented the Forever a Flame idea for a one off situation for Al MacInnis and were simply going to ditch the idea and go back to jersey retirment and have him be the only Forever a Flame the organization honors?

I prefer jersey retirment or nothing myself, but so much saddness over something that isn't really that big a deal. Oh no, Flames do forever a Flame instead of jersey retirement.................who cares. Nice to occassionally honor the clubs past and significant contributors to it's past. I agree Jersey retirment means something more, but to be honest, I'm not sure any Flames other than #9 and in the future #12 truely deserve that honor, and with the way the game has evolved, not sure moving forward there will be too many players that truely deserve that honor with any organization because the league is set up to have folks move around a lot more with there career these days anyways.

I think Forever a Flame is actually a pretty inteligent identification by the Flames of the way things are going to be moving forward and gives them an outlet to provide the Flames and their fans a way to honor the past.
There are millions of better ideas than Forever a Flame.

Install a statue of Niewy on the concourse. Have ribbon cutting.

FaF is the by-product of a self conscious organization. IMO
Badgers Nose is offline   Reply With Quote