View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 07:24 PM   #255
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

What's some new/recent stuff I've been reading or am excited for, let me think:

- Astonishing X-Men had a very solid debut. Charles Soule is the writer, a different artist each month. This isn't an ongoing, but it might go as long as 12 issues. Characters so far include Psylocke, Rogue, Gambit, Bishop, Fantomex, Old Man Logan, and Archangel

- Curse Words - a wizard from another dimension is sent here by his maleficent overlord to destroy Earth - but he kind of likes it here, so sets up shop. Over the top magic shenanigans

- Hi-Fi Fight Club - this debuts next week. Here's the solicitation copy, which just sounds cool to me: "New Jersey, 1998. Chris has just started the teen dream job: working at Vinyl Mayhem, the local record store. She’s prepared to deal with anything—misogynistic metalheads, grunge wannabes, even a crush on her wicked cute co-worker, Maggie. But when Rory Gory, the staff’s favorite singer, mysteriously vanishes the night before her band’s show in town, Chris finds out her co-workers are doing more than just sorting vinyl…her local indie record store is also a front for a teen girl vigilante fight club!"

- The Old Guard finished its first story arc and won't have new issues until next year. I'm a huge fan of Greg Rucka, the writer of this title. The series is about a group of immortal warriors who have found each other over the millennia and centuries, and currently operate as mercenaries. Keeping the secret of your immortality is hard in the 21st century.

- I've enjoyed the first few Generations one-shots from Marvel that are leading into it's Legacy event/launch/whatever this fall. Not sure that I ever needed a story about the 1,000,000 BC Avengers, but here it comes.

- Invincible is concluding it's near 15 year run with a glorious over the top stakes have never been higher final arc. Issue 139 comes out Wednesday, the series concludes with 144 in January or so. This is the other long running work of Robert Kirkman. He also has a comic book with zombies or something.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Finger Cookin For This Useful Post: