View Single Post
Old 04-25-2016, 01:12 AM   #1983
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RougeUnderoos View Post
I read the story. I do understand what he's saying happened. I just don't see what's so wrong with it.

I was/am a fan of ridesharing services. I used Uber when it was operating in Calgary. If the city and the CPS or whoever went through some process to see if sex offenders and potentially dangerous were able to pass their background check, that's a good thing to me.

How is it a bad thing? As a customer of this business how does this harm me? I'd like to know that their background checks are insufficient, if I'm going to be getting in the car with a stranger.

I assumed, perhaps foolishly, that they are such a big, well-funded and well-known organization, that they have some mechanisms in place to vet their drivers properly. If they don't have that in place, what is the harm in learning that?
There is an obvious divide between people who value principals above all else, and people who believe in the practicality of the act.

I think that's where the disagreement is.

Also, as suggested above, I think there are some hardcore "Spendshi" opponents on this board and love to capitalize on stuff like this...
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote