View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 03:08 PM   #23
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
So we're saving $40k for each of our kids for education - they'll have to pay the rest on their own. It's frustrating to know that money will go towards an incredibly antiquated system that is far, far more expensive than it needs to be, and will serve our kids poorly.
Depending on what they want to do, there are lots of alternative education universities in the States and a few in Canada. I went to one for the exact reasons you mentioned and it was great. Its been totally useless in my real life but I'm super glad I went there and learned the way I did. My subsequent degrees were a total joke and couldn't hold a candle to the quality of the undergrad I did. Anyway, I wouldn't be so resigned to a substandard education though.

Old man yelling at clouds time...I think university grads are pretty dull these days. They've been told what to do for so long it's tough to get an original thought out of one of them. Everybody is so mad too. Berkeley students have always been a little nuts but now everybody wants to burn stuff down. I went to Mt Royal for old man yelling at clouds therapy last week and passed through a Trump protest, a generic social justice protest, a non denominational prayer group, a safe room full of people being safe, and two huge jugs of condoms. It's like a mine field out there for old men yelling at clouds.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote