View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 02:57 PM   #21
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
So if we go by your model of online-only schooling, as a student I would never:

-Learn the value of a schedule; I can start my class at 7:55am or 8:30am and there is no difference to me as I would learn the same stuff. So when it comes to meeting people, sure, we can agree to meet at 8, but me showing up at 8:30 is not an issue.
-Understand the value of discipline and courtesy; I can sit at home and watch my lecture while texting away and playing cat videos loudly.
-Have the opportunity to meet their college sweetheart
-Be bothered to walk down the hall to the undergrad office and ask for advice; I would just post my question online and accept random answers and criticism from people, whether the answers are right or wrong.
-See a random poster for volunteering at the mustard seed and decide that I should join and meet people
-Walk by a crowd and peak in to see what is going on
-Meet people in my classroom setting and go out for beers together
-Understand the value of whispering to the guy next to you asking what the foreign heavy-accent prof just said.
-Be forced to take notes; hearing something vs writing something down in repetition are completely different learning styles

The list goes on and on...
Is this satire, or is the poster like 60 years old? It's delightfully quaint either way.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post: