View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 01:28 PM   #50
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
This is exactly why when I choose to buy electronics I say, "If you even mention the extended warranty I'm leaving the store and you can kiss this sale good-bye."
At the same time, one of the few moments of joy when working at FS was when people would come in with broken product and demand a replacement.

Nope sorry, you didn't buy the extended warranty.

And then they'd bluster, but its still under warranty.

It is (sad face) which means that we have to send it to the Samsung authorized repair depot. Which is in Toronto and the repair time is 6 weeks.

And then they'd say they should get a replacement

Well sir if you'd bought the warranty we'd be picking out a shiny new TV right now. Or stereo or Computer. or whatever, but you told our sales person that if he mentioned the warranty again that you would leave.

It did come around once in a while.

Its funny because when your in retail sales as a young person you don't start cynical or with a hatred of people. But years of taking abuse from people that think they're better then you or smarter then you and think that its ok to swear at you or yell at you or talk down at you does tend to change a person.

People in restaurants spit in Hamburgers, people in retail electronic stores live for that opportunity to basically in a nice way tell a abusive idiot to go F himself and there's nothing that can be done except send their product away to get fixed.

I almost get misty thinking about it. Because the person that comes into your store looking for a fight, well no one is going to go out of their way to help them, and we don't give a crap about selling him or her anything else.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote