View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 09:54 AM   #45
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Really pleased for you. My daughters are about the same ages and we're hoping to go again next year. My thoughts.

Be sure to line up to get in when the park opens. Decide in advance what 1 ride you most want to see and do that first. Assuming it is a popular ride (Indiana Jones, Splash Mountain, Cars, California Screaming, etc) Head straight there and do it twice. That will kill about 90 minutes or so.

For the ride you want to do second most, i'd suggest risking leaving it for the end of the day. Park will empty out the last hour or two.

Wear comfortable shoes and make your kids do so as well. There will be 12 to 14 hours of walking and standing in lines. Not a lot of sitting.

We like buying the photopass and using the Disney photographers to take a bunch of photos with it. We have some great family photos because of it. Look into that. Not sure it's worth it for just 1 day, but check if it works for your family.

The parades and shows are fun to see for the first time.

And if you're going, let the kids buy something from the gift shop at the end of the day. My one kid picked a stuffy. My other kid picked the disney ears with her name on the back, etc.