View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 12:11 AM   #58
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

I am a commercial Banker, and while I love working with most clients, the idea of another 30 years as a Banker does not appeal to me.

I do find my work to be satisfying. One of my clients was badly impacted by the 2013 Flood, and somehow through there hard work, and my ability to convince my credit department that we needed to continue to support them, today I took a tour of there operations 2 years later. Couldn't even tell that they were shut down for 12 months. They had rebounded and seemed more determined then ever.

The flip side is the work can be draining, clients can be unappreciative, and Bankers in general are viewed as evil or morally corrupt individuals. As a young banker in this profession, I feel I carry the sins of my fore fathers and a stigma in my industry. All I know is that I work hard for my clients and hope that at the end of the day they see me as a valuable partner, rather then just "dealing with the bank" or a necessity.

I've thought about going back to a more simple life. Maybe bartend or go into business for myself, but I'll be the first to admit that the lifestyle and $$$ make it hard to go with the heart.

Interesting thread OP, and one that has me thinking and rambling on a late wens night...

Last edited by Jbo; 08-20-2015 at 12:15 AM.
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote