View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 10:40 PM   #1551
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
I don't know, you seem to have a disproportionate need to tear her down because she's popular and you don't connect with her comedy.
I tear her down for the same reason I tore Carlos Mencia down. She's an unapologetic material thief.

The difference between Louis CK being "accused" of something and what Amy Schumer HAS done is just that. Louis CK has been accused with no proof or follow up that I've seen. Amy Schumer straight up steals jokes. She lifts material almost verbatim and changes the pace and timing of the joke.

I have no issue with Amy being proud of her body, and don't think she has anything to be ashamed of in that regard. But to say her most recent special is bombing because people want to shame her body or because of the "alt-right" boogey man is her trying to take advantage of the fact she is at the head of the "Body Positive" movement and to distract from the fact that the special wasn't that good and had more material blatantly lifted from other comics which she immediately got called out on.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blaster86 For This Useful Post: