View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 02:25 PM   #327
dubc80
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCaper View Post
Just got a call to be in the show. Filming next Wednesday in Calgary. Have to let them know by tomorrow. They asked if I would shave off the beard I've had for 5yrs. I'm torn. Haha

Any feedback from anyone who's worked on the show this season?
Are you doing background?
I was an extra on Hell on Wheels. Here's some insight.

- Be ready for really long uncertain hours. You don't know when you're needed on set until the evening the day before and never know when you'll be done and can go home. So clear your calendar totally.

- Bring a bag with books, tablet, nudie mags. Something to keep you entertained.

- Bring charger cord, or one of those charging power banks. Your holding area may not have plug-ins, or they may be in use.

- We were fed very very well, so bring an appetite. Not sure what Fargo will be like, but for us they brought in snacks and we had designated lunch/dinner times. Sometimes there was nothing else to do except eat.

Overall a fun experience. You'll like being behind the scenes, doing wardrobe/makeup etc. Seeing the interaction between director and principal actors.

You'll like trying to find yourself when watching the final cut on TV and telling people to pause it at HH:MM of episode #x.

But for the pay and hour commitment it wasn't worth it for me. Especially if you have a full time real job and family commitments.

But in saying that, I'd probably do it again if a interesting or high-profile opportunity came though.
dubc80 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dubc80 For This Useful Post: