View Single Post
Old 03-19-2016, 06:18 PM   #123
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
If you can track it down 'Dig!' is a great, sad documentary about the Brian Jonestown Massacre and the addiction and mental instability of their front man, his love hate relationship with the Dandy Warhols. It's a brilliant look at a band staggering from crisis to crisis whilst being on the brink of making it.
You don't have to like the bands for it to be interesting, it's easily one of the best music documentaries ever made.
Thanks for this, what a great documentary. It was released in 2004 and seems like one of those stories where you'd go to wiki and read that he had passed away in the subsequent years since.

But oddly enough as I was typing their name in google "Brian Jonestown Massacre Calgary" came up as an autofill so I clicked and saw they are doing a North American tour and play Marquee in Calgary on May 21st. From everything I read it seems the fights and altercations in the band are still present at their live shows.

I'd go out of interest for the tension and manic behavior of their front man, but figured that's not a very good reason to go seeing as his mental illness is behind it all.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote