View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 11:53 PM   #348
Jaybird
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeway View Post
I have never heard more exhaustive praise for a coach from ex-players than I have about Troy Ward. When speaking to players about AHL coaching, everyone I spoke with had great things to say about Troy (and nobody really offered much about Playfair.)

The Flames brass seems to be happy, too. Troy's job is to provide NHL-ready bodies at a moment's notice. Despite missing tons and tons of bodies at all times, the Heat are in the playoff hunt and have provided the Flames with enough competent reinforcements that the Flames are, too.

I dont' remember a lot of players being interviewed about Playfair last year but then there were not a lot of players called in. You can be sure that in an intereview any player would have spoken well about him. Saying anything negative about a coach is pretty much career suicide quite frankly. I do recall that people in the community of Abbotsford spoke highly of Jim Playair. Personally I thought he was "off the rails" at times but I think what you got from Jim was real, like it or not. I thought he was able to get a lot out of most of his younger players.
Jaybird is offline   Reply With Quote