View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 07:49 AM   #47
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
Not when I was a kid. We may have swore but it wasn't lightly and would probably be out of genuine anger and could lead up to a fight. If females were around we were even more careful. Sounds boring but we got into as much crap as any generation, there was just a lot less swearing and disrespect. If we were caught swearing at school we'd get the strap. We didn't have the drug problems though, just alcohol and tobacco.

I did get my own 22 at ten although I knew better than to try to use it on my own until I was about 14, when my BB gun and bow became boring.
Yes but your exact circumstance exists in it's own old-timey vaccuum. As far reaching as playground rumours and the like were, most children (and people) existed inside a small insular community, especially in Elementary school. Just because your particular group wasn't a bunch of terrible little ####s, doesn't mean others (esp in low/middle income areas) weren't.

I was privately schooled until I was 9 when my dad declared bankruptcy, and my first year in a public school was, ironically, "educational".

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote