Bouma - Stajan - Chiasson

Extra: F. Hamilton, Hathaway

Giordano - Hamilton
Brodie - Hamonic
Kulak - Stone

Extra: Bartkowski

Smith
Rittich

-There's no way Treliving gave up a 2nd round pick to acquire a 4th liner. Curtis Lazar will be given every opportunity, all season long to produce within our top six.
-Chiasson is not a UFA, the Flames own his rights so he'll most likely be signed if anything just to retain the asset
-Unless Jankowski has an unbelievable training camp, I just don't see the need to rush him. He can be an injury call up sure but l feel he should continue to play important minutes in the minors

Ultimately I don't see many changes happening to our forward group, especially with how bad this year's free agent group is. I believe Treliving feels like many, with much better goaltending, an improved D core, players rebounding from subpar seasons and having good, young depth in the minors is what the Flames need to be competitive
I doubt the Flames will go into next season without signing any free agents (other than Stone).
Treliving rarely sits around, I guarantee he's not done yet.
The Flames have what, $17 million in cap space? Even with signing Stone, Ferland, etc, that leaves quite a bit of room.

I do think the Flames will keep Stone. He'll probably sign for around 3.5 million.
Versteeg is a bit more of a toss up. He'd likely bring value, but the Flames already have several middle-6 forwards. I kind of hope he stays as well.

If the Flames sign a top 6 right winger, someone like Chiasson will probably be pushed off the team. That's fine.

Here are some UFA suggestions for a top line RW spot

ALEXANDER RADULOV
Had a good 50-60 point season. He wants a long term contract, but there's a chance he might not get it. If so, maybe he'll settle for a shorter (4 years or less) term deal.

MARTIN HANZAL
He'd be more of a fantastic 3rd line center. It would definitely bring depth in the case of an injury. But Hanzal himself is injury-prone. If he were sign, Bennett would have to spend all of his time on the wing.

JUSTIN WILLIAMS or RADIM VRBATA
They don't make a ton of sense, but they would definitely bring RW depth and a veteran presence. If they could be signed on shorter term deals, they could work. Vrbata in particular could spend time on the top line.

PATRICK MARLEAU or JAROMIR JAGR
Both had decent years. Marleau had 27 goals. They probably want short contracts. For Marleau, it sounds like he would prefer to stay in California. Overall, these options do make quite a bit of sense.

THOMAS VANEK
He'd be a decent option as long as the term was 3 years or less. Vanek seems to have his up and down years, but at the very least, he's a definite top 6 winger.

DREW STAFFORD
Uh, basically another Brouwer.

PATRICK SHARP
Had a bad year. He might have to sign a short and friendly contract. He might be due for a bounceback year.

A lot of these players are quite old. But as long the term is short, they could fit on a top 6 RW spot (except Hanzal, who is a center). Personally, I think Marleau, Vanek, and Vrbata make sense. Perhaps Sharp could be a decent gamble.
1qqaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1qqaaz For This Useful Post: