View Single Post
Old 05-23-2017, 11:30 AM   #548
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu29 View Post
At this point I hope they just order an entire fleet of F-35's and be done with it. I was a huge propenent of the Rafale but that ship has sailed and if Canada is going to buy American Lockheed's option is superior. Just no more "interim fleet" talk please.
Using the India purchase of the Rafale as an example it becomes more expensive then the F-35 at about $244 million per plane. the fly away cost of an airframe is about 70 million US, but because of the maintenance requirements and logistical requirements the price sky rockets, if Canada is looking at 65 planes, the Rafale cost if based on the India purchase would be $15.8 billion for the fleet.

However in terms of the Superhornet. The so called initial price of 2 billion per plane for 18 planes is $111 per plane, however the Feds have been pretty secretive as the costs are expected to be closer to about $6 billion for 18 planes so about $333 million per plane

The F-35 would now be about $16 billion dollars with lowering cost due to the way the costs of parting and global infrastructure would work.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote