View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #341
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
Any thoughts here on Troy Ward's perfomance as coach this year? Personally, I dont think it's been great. I know there has been a lot of player movement up and down but I don't think that is an excuse. I am not sure if the team is really motivated to play for him. When I look at the player's stats this year, I notice that almost everyone had better stats either with the Heat or with other AHL teams last year. One that comes to mind is Carter Bancks. He is up there in having as much ice time as anyone in all situations but his stats are disappointing. Is it him or how he is being managed? I really think Ward was working this team from the beginning around Kalonos scoring the goals. This might have been to the detrement of some of other players' development. I still scratch my head over the Wahl situation and even though it may not have been all Ward's decision, I don't think Ward had Wahl in his plans for the team from the get go. I also see young defenseman Martin sitting and wondering why as I think he has played well. Even with all the call ups Ward still has a strong team but for the most part they can't score. You might say you can't blame the coach but honestly I just don't feel like he knows how to "rally the troops". I will admit that Jim Playfair was pretty crazy at times but I do think his knowledge of hockey and how to get the most out of his players surpasses what Ward has. Anyway just my honest opinion.....It's hard to see the team struggling so much since the start and need to vent!
Funny that your take on Troy Ward would be the same as my take on the Flames if you changed the players names and inserted Sutter for Ward
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Street Pharmacist For This Useful Post: