View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 10:29 AM   #91
edn88
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I would say that based on his performance to date, Brouwer is overpaid (most free agents end up being overpaid).
It is hard to gauge his performance until after the playoffs (isn't he supposed to be a playoff performer?).
From what I have seen of Brouwer, he is hardly a liability on the ice (Wideman is a liability).
I don't really care what he gets paid - if he is more effective than Hathaway, then you play Brouwer.
I don't think Brouwer's contract will sink the Flames - lots of team have worse contracts
Expansion draft - I don't see why you wouldn't expose him at the draft - if he is really playing below his value - Vegas would never take him. I'd hope that he would realize this and be a professional about it. If Vegas did take him at his over priced contract then he would know he was valued there.
This thread saddens me though - because it never seems to matter how the Flames are doing, there has to be negativity for someone (the whipping boy) and most of it is unfounded over overstated.
Save the vitriol for the offseason or when the team is not performing. While we are playing well, let's recognize the greatness. Having Brouwer on the third line is a great thing - it means we have a top six that are high performers (hard to argue that our first two lines are not doing well). Where else does Brouwer fit in?