View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 11:49 AM   #55
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelapo View Post
As soon as I saw the fence was being constructed and I wasn't asked I assumed that he took it upon himself to fund the project. I just asked if he measured the property lines correctly because when an adjacent neighbour didn't do it they had to tear down the fence and rebuild it which, I'm sure, cost them additional money. I just wanted to prevent the same mistake from happening.
Which is a totally valid point. But he was probably expecting you to come over and ask him about the project, what you could do to help, offer to chip in, etc... Which is unreasonable given that he didn't speak to you first, but you should have still at least had a discussion with him about it. Like another poster said, offer to pay for a portion of it or just negotiate with him.

From his perspective, coming over to ensure that the fence was not affecting your property in any adverse way would make you look like an a-hole. Combine that with the fact that you didn't chip in a single cent for a shared fence, then yeah, I can see why he would go out of his way to mess with you.