View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 04:24 PM   #998
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
Disagree. I want him to think about this in his cold jail cell for about 74 years. Then he can die from one of these beatings that I shouldn't be happy about.

I don't think the government should have the power to kill citizens.

The only way I see the death penalty working is that it puts a definitive end to the story. No more news, no more lawyer visits, no more human rights complaints etc. It's done. I read a story about the surviving family's of Clifford Olson's victims and the extra pain and suffering they went through just knowing he was alive. The father of one victim comment that the night Olson died was the first night in 20/30 years (don't know my time lines) that he slept through the night.

I know I would feel much better knowing that the person that took my son's life, the last person to see him, terrified, crying is gone. Sitting there, wondering if he is deriving any sort of enjoyment from his actions? Does he relish the look on their faces just before? One could go crazy thinking about it. At some point complete closure could only come about with death.

I am not upset about jailhouse beatings, heck have more of them. If he is indeed in with his own kind throw a few shanks and broom handles down with them and let them have at it. I won't lose any sleep over it.
Galakanokis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Galakanokis For This Useful Post: