View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 10:33 PM   #26
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions. Pretty much our only goals are leave Jan 5, Supercross is Jan 7, and fly home Jan 12. We want to hit DL one or 2 days in there. Looking for suggestions to fill the other days as well with the kids
I'd do at least the three-day park hopper ticket (the hopper lets you do both parks in the same day), especially since it's your first time. There's a lot to do in both parks, and there's no reason to have to rush the whole time, or skip things. With the discounts, you don't pay much more for an extra day or two compared to a one or two day ticket.

Your kids are at an age where the Fantasyland rides are probably going to be a big draw. Ideally, on one day, get there as early as possible to hit all the Fantasyland rides early before the crowds get crazy. None of the Fantasyland rides have Fastpass, so you have to wait in line if you want to ride them.

At that time of year, it gets pretty cold once the sun goes down. If you are going to do any of the water rides (Splash Mountain or Grizzly River Run), do them in the middle of the day when it's nice and warm. They turn down the water effects in the winter so you don't get as wet, but you still will get a little wet on those rides.

For the other days, there's Universal Studios in Hollywood if you don't mind driving. If you like roller coasters (the kids might be too young, but I don't know your kids), Knott's Berry Farm is only a few miles from Disneyland. There's also Magic Mountain in the Valley. I wouldn't do either of those unless you're really into roller coasters.

A few miles south of DL off the I5 is the Discovery Cube. I've never been there, but it seems like it would be good for kids. It's a science centre of some kind.

Legoland, Sea World, the San Diego Zoo, and San Diego Zoo Safari Park are all either in or near San Diego, which would be a couple hours drive from Anaheim.