View Single Post
Old 10-20-2016, 01:49 PM   #38
Clever_Iggy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
I wonder if the Jays look to stretch out Biagini or Osuna?

Personally I'd rather they keep Osuna as a late inning bullpen guy/closer, but stretching out Biagini is intriguing to me.
Osuna's mechanics will keep him from being a starter and likely will limit his career (trying to find the story/tweet about this). The best way for him to prolong his MLB career is to stay in the pen and his best chance at a bigger salary is as a closer.

Here's the article from Tom Verducci:

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.si.com...odgers%3famp=1

Quote:
Key Player: Roberto Osuna. No closer is going to leave a tie game with the season on the line without some serious health concern, as Osuna did in the wild-card game against Baltimore. He said afterward that he was dealing with nothing more than a fatigued shoulder, but that’s alarming for a guy who has worked hard down the stretch and has a serious mechanical flaw in his delivery (he pulls his elbow higher than his shoulder before rotating the ball up, causing a timing problem and stress on his shoulder; it’s why despite having three solid pitches, he is not a starter).
His delivery is similar to Mark Prior, Strasburg, etc. (Inverted W). Some guys can get away with this delivery of they're not reliant on velocity (power pitchers). Osuna already blew through one UCL.

Last edited by Clever_Iggy; 10-20-2016 at 01:58 PM.
Clever_Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clever_Iggy For This Useful Post: